Historic Scotland is an executive agency of the Scottish Government, charged with safeguarding Scotland’s historic environment.
Within Historic Scotland, the Conservation Group informs and sustains the conservation, repair and maintenance of the historic built environment by:
- Undertaking technical and scientific research
- Supporting the perpetuation and understanding of traditional building skills
- Understanding and promoting the use and availability of traditional building materials
- Provision of specialist technical and scientific advice
- Provision of applied specialist conservation services
- Delivery of technical education and outreach activity
- Caring for 345 Properties in Care across Scotland with a specialised technical team.